The Steel Warrior  
Go Back   The Steel Warrior > EverQuest > The Tavern

The Tavern Cursin', Shoutin', and Brawlin'. The General forum.

Best place to farm plat?

The Tavern

Old 05-24-2011   #1
Lananan
Veteran User

Lananan is on a distinguished road
Best place to farm plat?

Where is the best place to farm plat these days?

(I have numerous toons available to do this, just don't know where the best place is)
Lananan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #2
Battleblade
The Brigitte Bardot of TSW

Battleblade is infamous around these partsBattleblade is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lananan View Post
Where is the best place to farm plat these days?

(I have numerous toons available to do this, just don't know where the best place is)
It depends on your in-game situation.

If you're a boxer/member of box team selling task adds, loot rights, and high ticket tradeskill items is apparently pretty lucrative.

If you rely primarily on soloing then atm a high volume of vendor loot is sortof OK. I think TS stuff has petered out since people after 300 in all for the shawl quest has dropped off. If you can get in front of a trend you make some serious pp. That new fleeting quiver sold well at one time as did Othni-based armor. Right this moment, I'm not sure anything soloable is super hot. I was making do with Beza for a month or so since you can make around 10Kpp an hour and get decent exp. Not needing exp, it's time to move on. Where? Dunno.

I think Othni is all done. My quesstimate is on the order of 300-400 71-75's on my server and I'd guess they've all got it or aren't really active toons. IF any of the 85 or 90 Hardcore Heritage stuff is soloable with dropable loot, I'd do that.
Old 05-25-2011   #3
Imaim
Veteran User

Imaim is on a distinguished road
I think Abstruse armor is still doing reasonably well. HoT CY in my experience is always full of people that are ridiculously undergeared. You can sell it in the bazaar after making it, or advertise in HoT and go make specific items for people once they get in touch with you. Just requires farming T1 named, which have not been spawning for me a lot lately. Oh well, guess I'm on another bad RNG run.

The plat in HoT isn't bad either, though it is a pita to sift though all the spare potion quest drops (prelootable and decent xp, but how many piles of rust does one really need?)

Siluuael - 95 Dark Elf Necromancer (dps machine / main)
Slowsil - 88 Ogre Shaman (box)
Guide for level 50-65 Warriors
Imaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #4
Rildoan
is better than you
at Tower Defence

Rildoan is a name known to allRildoan is a name known to allRildoan is a name known to allRildoan is a name known to allRildoan is a name known to allRildoan is a name known to all
Get your Jewelry Making skill to 300 and grab a 5% mod.
Make a Jeweler's Glass.
Buy a Square Cut Tool from the jewelry npcs.
Convert all the Miragestones you can find that costs less than 500pp.
Sell the finished products to npc vendors.
Old 05-28-2011   #5
Battleblade
The Brigitte Bardot of TSW

Battleblade is infamous around these partsBattleblade is infamous around these parts
1 week after my initial responce.....

+300Kpp in a week. (A good thing too since making raid armor, etc. is quite expensive and mahfundzwerelow.)

Certainly not awe inspiring compared to what some TSers, TA/loot rights sellers can do, but pretty good IMO solo. It was of course via Othni armor drops - an opportunity window that's already pretty much closed. Amazing it existed really since this is the 3rd year the stuff dropped.

So a "pro tip" or realistically, a reminder since we all know it - you make pp when there's a newly opened opportunity. Price starts high and as more make the effort/have access, the price drops. There are very very few staple items that bring in a goodly amount of pp consistently. Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

(Editorial Comments not directly related to teh topic - making pp:
Normally that gives boxers a nice advantage, however Othni is easily done by a single toon.

In fact, in content that can be soloed owning multiple accounts is unnecessary overhead/a chance to play alts if you like playing alts. Hmmm - sounds like more soloable content would help address the boxer/single account owner gap. Hmmmm.)

Last edited by Battleblade; 05-29-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Battleblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011   #6
Quillium
Veteran User

Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...
It really just depends on your situation honestly. I've been working the hunter achievements and i'd save every attunable that dropped from T1 names. Put in the bazaar and i've allready made 80K from that in 2 nights. Also bear in mind that diamonds drop like every other mob so its just a matter of looting. Then of course there is the miragestones, harmonagates, and taafeites that you get that as the guy said.. convert and sell for 570pp to vendor.
Quillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011   #7
Suurge
Super Moderator

Suurge is a glorious beacon of lightSuurge is a glorious beacon of lightSuurge is a glorious beacon of lightSuurge is a glorious beacon of lightSuurge is a glorious beacon of lightSuurge is a glorious beacon of light
Buy plat from the plat sellers.
Old 05-31-2011   #8
Brabble
Knows that Punctuation is Superior

Brabble will become famous soon enoughBrabble will become famous soon enough
Suurge, you whanker.

You used to play on F Ro, didn't you? And years ago I was helping some folks in Velks Lab and you were in the next room or something because I could see your crit hits and you were all talking trash about them, lol.
Brabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011   #9
Quillium
Veteran User

Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabble View Post
Suurge, you whanker.

You used to play on F Ro, didn't you? And years ago I was helping some folks in Velks Lab and you were in the next room or something because I could see your crit hits and you were all talking trash about them, lol.
He did. We shipped him off to Bristlebane. They've been hating on us ever since :<.
Old 06-01-2011   #10
Mophios
Veteran User

Mophios is on a distinguished road
http://mashable.com/2011/05/26/china...rrency-market/

Apparently Chinese prison is the best place to farm for plat!! Probly not the best of circumstances but seems to be pretty profitable.
Old 06-07-2011   #11
drenath
Super Moderator

drenath is a jewel in the roughdrenath is a jewel in the roughdrenath is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleblade View Post
So a "pro tip" or realistically, a reminder since we all know it - you make pp when there's a newly opened opportunity. Price starts high and as more make the effort/have access, the price drops. There are very very few staple items that bring in a goodly amount of pp consistently. Gotta strike while the iron is hot.
This. I sold an Elaborate Defiant BP for 150k the day they went in.
Old 06-07-2011   #12
Suurge
Super Moderator

Suurge is a glorious beacon of lightSuurge is a glorious beacon of lightSuurge is a glorious beacon of lightSuurge is a glorious beacon of lightSuurge is a glorious beacon of lightSuurge is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah i was on fennin, some shit went down and I was booted, and ive been playing happily ever after on bristlebroken.

As far as farming plat goes, I had a few profound thoughts on the subject while smoking a bowl a few days ago (least they seemed profound at the time) . . . . but here goes:

Armor is fucking expensive, cultural and quested alike, and HoT i feel is the worst its ever been (SoF was pricey for its time . . . UF was pricey early on when templates were hard to come by), but theres really NOTHING as bad as HoT. Cultural has always been a bear . . I havent worn cultural for many xpacks (not knocking it, but frankly its too rich for my blood), but even the group/raid quested stuff is particularly rough on the wallet in HoT. Something like 320k for a set of lucid or t4 raid armor (yeah i know you can farm t1-t4 and make it a lot cheaper . . while its somewhat realistic from a grouper standpoint, theres really no way youre gonna get away with that on raids).

Now, you may say "eh, whats 320k these days" . . . but think about it: The bazaar is ESSENTIALLY dead . . . the items that used to sell decently, like the no-level req farmable velious stuff, and things like that arent worth a thing any more. Tradeskill components sell, but in order to turn much of a profit, you REALLY need to farm the shit out of them, and even then, you dont make much, since the bottom has fallen out of that market to an extent as well . . . they were hot last xpack when everyone pushed for shawls, but now its more or less back to normal (people selling cultural pieces) . . . except now, post-shawl grinds, the market is flooded with people making templates and cultural stuff, since there are many more who can, and therefore the prices are much lower. Power supplies will always sell to non-raiders, certain potions sell . . . but no way youre gonna make much selling attune stuff, or spell shards . . . just no money in it.

I really think the econ team has its work cut out for them, or should retune some of the pricing of things in game, because i find LOTS of people lately with the same complaints you all have had, about "how do i make cash" . . because theres really no good way any more . . . nothing has the value it once did, yet npc prices are still absurdly high, and until mobs drop 500pp per kill, its going to be an issue . . .

What's more, as an officer, myself and the other O's and L's find ourselves digging into our own pockets, making things like power supplies, potions, and templates which we provide to the guild for free, as well as essence emeralds, and regular emeralds . . . and that REALLY burns through the reserves . . .

My best suggestion is be frugal, plan your moves out well in advance, whether it be armor upgrades, reaugging, etc . . . and loot as much TS crap, and diamonds as you can get away with while hunting, and leave a trader up trying to unload that junk over night. If its not overly farmed on your server as well, you can farm (its tedious, but easy) things like water elemental bow parts from powater (worth more if you make the bows too, high trib value, can unload for 5-10k a pop), and probably more valuable, the fiend guts (from triggering but not finishing fennin ro event in fire, you have 6 hours of nonstop fiend pops, loot the guts (for bow strings)), and either sell the guts (prob sell very well as its a 300+ combine to make the bow, if people are making ele bows to skill fletch) or if you yourself CAN make the bows, make em and sell for 5-10k per for trib. Could also try selling LoN loot (plat for cards) though that can be a pain in the ass, and requires some trust.
Old 06-07-2011   #13
Cowboyatheart
WTB a "no fail" taunt that doesn't fail...

Cowboyatheart will become famous soon enoughCowboyatheart will become famous soon enough
I always wondered where to get fiend gut.
Old 06-07-2011   #14
Quillium
Veteran User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suurge View Post
Yeah i was on fennin, some shit went down and I was booted, and ive been playing happily ever after on bristlebroken.
Lol. I was just kidding Suurge-pal. You're always aces in my book. If it helps, very few even remember you from when you were on server. (Oh wait, did I make it worse? :>).

Quote:
Power supplies will always sell to non-raiders, certain potions sell . . . but no way youre gonna make much selling attune stuff, . . . just no money in it.
On the whole, I agree. But on this aspect, my bank account says differently to my pleasant surprise. The only thing that has been a constant in the bazaar is the things that actually sell well shift. Dead? Only if you try offloading the wrong things. Attuneables do move and for quite a bit.

Quote:
I really think the econ team has its work cut out for them, or should retune some of the pricing of things in game, because i find LOTS of people lately with the same complaints you all have had, about "how do i make cash" . . because theres really no good way any more . . . nothing has the value it once did, yet npc prices are still absurdly high, and until mobs drop 500pp per kill, its going to be an issue . . .
I really think you have your work cut out for you. The economy is fine but as ever.. it will not come to you and say hi. As per mob drops.. i've spent a fair time out in the field doing Hunter.. every other mob(literally, try it) in HoT drops a Diamond of some sort (Raw, Blue, Regular, The Red and Blue Sapphires). If its not dropping those its dropping Dream Dust that can be made into pots. If they're not dropping those they're dropping Miragestones, Harmonagates, Taafeites that can be cut once and sold to vendor for 570pp per. If they're not dropping those and are in higher tiers you get Fantastic Silks and Fantastic Animal Pelts that you can make into bags that sell for 6750plat per on a success. Really, the amount of money to be made simply converting and vendoring general drops is rather sick. I've rarely come out with at least 20K through the vendor junk after farming some zone for a couple hours. That doesn't even include names... in one night after putting some attunables up I made like 100K bazaaring 4 items. /shrug.. people have alts.

Heck, people would be shocked how much money i've actually made simply levelling spell research(Kudos to whoever that guy was that put up the spreadsheet). Granted i've spent a lot, but its also pulled it back in over time as i've offloaded tomes that i've made.

But if all people do is log on for raid and expect a dev to walk up and give them a couple hundred K every week.. not gonna happen. Gotta hustle for that buck and no bazaar vendor makes things *a whole* lot harder.