The Steel Warrior  
Go Back   The Steel Warrior > EverQuest > The Bunker

The Bunker Armor, Weapons, and Equipment

hdex vs hagi vs ac vs hp

The Bunker

Old 04-14-2012   #16
Battleblade
The Brigitte Bardot of TSW

Battleblade is infamous around these partsBattleblade is infamous around these parts
I do have a Polished Rockomancy Diamond banked and a few other augs sitting on the bench as well.

The thing is only around 20% of my gear is T4, thus what I use changes and I'm not on top of it daily or even necessarily weekly.

When my gear is closer to endgame I'll doubtless spend some time unnecessarily "gilding the lily". I guess obcessively fine tuning now seems too close to "gilding the farthing" atm.

Last edited by Battleblade; 04-14-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Battleblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012   #17
Tien
Veteran User

Tien is on a distinguished road
Just popping in and saw this thread.

Riposte is definitely checked before Parry. Once that order was corrected, Yoda's formulas for the heroics came out to an even 1% boost per 25 points instead of the .75-1.25% of the quoted formulas.

HAgi does give a boost to the avoidance check, but it was relatively small, and seemingly not tiered. I didn't parse it's effects quite to satisfaction before taking my last, and likely final, break; however, it did look to be a per point bonus on a small scale boost.
Old 04-17-2012   #18
Yoda
The MS Office Paper Clip

Yoda is a jewel in the roughYoda is a jewel in the roughYoda is a jewel in the roughYoda is a jewel in the rough
weird... I though I read it earlier this week and found nothing to say in it... but actually I had, thanks Tien for doing the corrections needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tien View Post
Just popping in and saw this thread.

Riposte is definitely checked before Parry. Once that order was corrected, Yoda's formulas for the heroics came out to an even 1% boost per 25 points instead of the .75-1.25% of the quoted formulas.

HAgi does give a boost to the avoidance check, but it was relatively small, and seemingly not tiered. I didn't parse it's effects quite to satisfaction before taking my last, and likely final, break; however, it did look to be a per point bonus on a small scale boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldier View Post
[...]
Curious where the parry has a +60, and then /5500 compared to the +160/6000 on the riposte and dodge. Which thread were those pulled from? I need to reread some of that stuff.
try to look for one of the numerous parse thread.
those number are made up to get linear regression that was "not so bad" over different level (lvl 65-80 out of memory, maybe a shorter range actually). I tried once to collect parses of different classes over a broad range of lvl but the regression was just getting messier so I kept only the warrior parses of higher lvl.

since devs tend to change the game mechanic without telling us (like the riposte / parry order...), it would be wise to reparse everything if you want to get better regression numbers.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #19
CyrzB
Cyrano de Bergerac

CyrzB will become famous soon enough
http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum...t=20085&page=3 is a good read when you're debating this stuff.

Last edited by CyrzB; 04-18-2012 at 07:43 AM.
CyrzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #20
Aldier
Veteran User

Aldier will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrzB View Post
http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/foru...?t=20085&page=3 is a good read when you're debating this stuff.
It says "File ain't here, sorry."
Aldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012   #21
huggly
Veteran User

huggly will become famous soon enough
Think this is the right link.
http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum...t=20085&page=3
Old 04-18-2012   #22
Yoda
The MS Office Paper Clip

Yoda is a jewel in the roughYoda is a jewel in the roughYoda is a jewel in the roughYoda is a jewel in the rough
and here is the thread with the skill parses :
http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum...t=19099&page=2
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote