The War Room Discussions of Game Balance

VoA type 3 augs [decide]

The War Room

Old 11-10-2011   #1
scrat
Veteran User

scrat will become famous soon enoughscrat will become famous soon enough
VoA type 3 augs [decide]

A few days ago Aristo started taking feedback on type-3 augments, regarding which new spell/disc series need a type-3 augment...which existing type-3 augments the class would prefer discontinued...which spells/discs the class would like a type-3 introduced into. Since this is still an ongoing thing & the augs are not projected to go live until at least the Dec patch - I figured I'd hit TSW for feedback.

This is what I've submitted since no other war's have given input yet...I'll be glad to update / modify my post based on feedback here.

Type-3s that can be discontinued:
Fifth Wind [25003/3305] // tempus
Armor of Phantasmic Runes [25012/15300] // tempus
Jab Through [25009/15311] // tempus

New (since HoT) disciplines that could use a type-3 augment:
Barbed Tongue Discipline [28042/15422] -- Tempus (decrease reuse)
Flash of Anger [25021/15319] -- Tempus (decrease reuse)

Disciplines I'd like to see type-3 augments introduced to:
Vital Strike/strategic strike [28036/15417] - Irae (increase damage)
Stalwart Defense [28066/15415] - Durus (duration increase)
Field Defender/armorer [28051/15414] - Durus (duration increase)
Grendlaen Roar/bazu roar [28021/15407] - Tempus (decrease reuse)
Grendlaen Roar/bazu roar [28021/15407] - Irae (increase hate)
Shield Topple [19555/15212] - Tempus (decrease reuse) **added 11/11**

The
Edge-
Walkers
...retired May 2012

Last edited by scrat; 11-11-2011 at 04:06 AM.
scrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #2
Desthin
Veteran User

Desthin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrat View Post
Disciplines I'd like to see type-3 augments introduced to:
Vital Strike/strategic strike [28036/15417] - Irae (increase damage)
TBH i would rather have the shield topple line have the type 3 than the strike line. We, or maybe just I, use it more often than strike.

Quote:
Grendlaen Roar/bazu roar [28021/15407] - Tempus (decrease reuse)
Also since its a dot effect, i dont really see how reuse would be any more benefit, even the aa line to decrease reuse time seems odd to me since we still have to wait for it to wear off before clicking it again(if your going for the full hate). Would it be possible to get the reuse changed to the jeer line instead?

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain"
Desthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #3
Silthrix
Mister 1.67 AC:HP ratio

Silthrix will become famous soon enoughSilthrix will become famous soon enough
FOA Decrease reuse timer /YES
Stalwart Def longer /no need since you can reclick it instantly anyway

A flash of anger duration increaser type 3 would be nice. kick it up to 12 seconds ftw!

Last edited by Silthrix; 11-10-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Silthrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #4
Cowboyatheart
WTB a "no fail" taunt that doesn't fail...

Cowboyatheart will become famous soon enoughCowboyatheart will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silthrix View Post
FOA Decrease reuse timer /YES
Stalwart Def longer /no need since you can reclick it instantly anyway

A flash of anger duration increaser type 3 would be nice. kick it up to 12 seconds ftw!
Agreed on stalwart.

For flash, it does what it is intended to, we don't really need a warrior version of weaponshield (we do have fortitude). I'd rather keep it at 1 tick and lower it's reuse preferably into the 2 minute range.
Old 11-10-2011   #5
Cowboyatheart
WTB a "no fail" taunt that doesn't fail...

Cowboyatheart will become famous soon enoughCowboyatheart will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desthin View Post
TBH i would rather have the shield topple line have the type 3 than the strike line. We, or maybe just I, use it more often than strike.
Agreed. We can use shield topple much more often. Any time aggro isn't an issue you can spam it instead of jeer.
Normally by the time a mob gets to the point we can even use opp strike he's turning his back and being finishing blowed by every melee class in the group.
Old 11-10-2011   #6
Silthrix

Brings up an interesting issue, since Shield Topple and Jeer are on the same timer, do you need a reducer for both? or just one? Do they stack?...

Old 11-10-2011   #7
Desthin
Veteran User

Desthin will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silthrix View Post
Brings up an interesting issue, since Shield Topple and Jeer are on the same timer, do you need a reducer for both? or just one? Do they stack?...
Technically discs of the same timer type can have different lockout times(like wind/respite) so it wouldnt automatically reduce jeer, which we dont need one to reduce jeer anyway getting the aa that hopefully does the whole line and all that.

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain"
Desthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011   #8
Silthrix

Ah kk, was hoping for a slight tecnical oversight :P

Old 11-10-2011   #9
Quillium
Veteran User

Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...
Agreed on Shield Topple. But if it goes in, the type 3 should be obtained from SoD era zones using SoD era factions and rules. Being that it is what it is and quite useful, tie it to winning The Brothers Zek raid and really piss people off.
Quillium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011   #10
scrat
Veteran User

Added [19555/15212] Shield Topple to the want list.

The
Edge-
Walkers
...retired May 2012
Old 11-11-2011   #11
Yoda
The MS Office Paper Clip

Yoda is a jewel in the roughYoda is a jewel in the roughYoda is a jewel in the roughYoda is a jewel in the rough
note :
spells have familly, group, timer fields
the family would be what we call the "line", like the incite line (who is split into two timers), or the jeer line (on a single timer)
a "group" is the ballpack of the 3 ranks of one spell, for instance, jeer, jeer rk ii, and jeer rk iii.

type 3 augs (since SoF), provides modifications to a single "group". and as Quillium mentioned, all type 3 augs are restricted (by design, and adamant will of the dev) to work only on the spells of the same expension.

which means that the VoA type 3 augs will affect only the new spells. so you have to choose within those what we want.

and modification to old spells, must be fowarded to CyrzB who will foward it to the right dev at the right time, to make it enter the "fix loop"...

edit : here is a list of the new disc :
  • Upgrade to Field Outfitter (AE AC Buff)
  • Upgrade to Knuckle Crush (Reduce melee damage by 6% for next 5 attacks)
  • Upgrade to Jeer (Instant Hate + guard recourse)
  • Upgrade to Staunch Defense (Self only AC Disc)
  • Upgrade to Whirling Blades (AE Hate/Damage)
  • Barbed Tongue - ~2 min duration, uses a buff box instead of a disc, ~2500 DD on a taunt on the test dummy, ~25min recast
  • Upgrade to Healing Will (self heal (over time?) up to 30500HP, max 35%. requires to be "at peace")
  • Upgrade to Rallying Roar (selected AE Hate)
  • Upgrade to Oppurtunistic Strike (High damage swing, can miss, target below 20%)
  • Upgrade to Fifth Wind (Endurance Regen)
  • Upgrade to Weapon Affiliation (Proc Rate Increase)
  • Improved Taunt - Gains your target's undivided attention for 18 seconds. During this period, you will have increased armor call and generate more hatred, and your allies will generate less hatred than normal., recast 5 min
  • Upgrade to Respite (Endurance regen up to 21 - 25 - 29%)
  • Upgrade to rune proc disc
  • Upgrade to Bazu Roar (Instant Hate + Hate Over Time)

Last edited by Yoda; 11-11-2011 at 05:08 AM.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011   #12
scrat
Veteran User

Sort of a fair warning call on this...I have no idea when Aristo is going to suck data from the thread and thereby put it on /ignore thereafter. If you have different ideas, get 'em posted.

fyi my duration ext requests for stalwart defense / field armorer series is due to...well...you guys will all notice asap that fight durations are much longer. So neither disc lasts the duration of a mob, so wars that use these will incur a fairly dramatic endurance drain increase on day one. And both seemed like easy candidates i.e. higher probability vs some of the other requests that give more powerful results.

The
Edge-
Walkers
...retired May 2012
Old 11-13-2011   #13
Quillium
Veteran User

Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...Quillium tries to imitate Quillium...
Quote:
Sort of a fair warning call on this...I have no idea when Aristo is going to suck data from the thread and thereby put it on /ignore thereafter. If you have different ideas, get 'em posted.

fyi my duration ext requests for stalwart defense / field armorer series is due to...well...you guys will all notice asap that fight durations are much longer. So neither disc lasts the duration of a mob, so wars that use these will incur a fairly dramatic endurance drain increase on day one. And both seemed like easy candidates i.e. higher probability vs some of the other requests that give more powerful results.
That, by and large, depends on the dps your group puts out, and for names they're going to be burning.

Just last night was doing a late night Fear mission for a friend who just came back to get him into T4. Between 3 guys(we also had a dps merc) dps'ing(90 war, 90 bard, and 88 monk), we pulled 50k on the front side of CT. I don't think you'll have too much trouble if you have traditional group of real people(even if they aren't that well geared), as opposed to relying on mercs.
Quillium is offline   Reply With Quote