PDA

View Full Version : CA or CS.

Bloodheart
05-18-2003, 06:06 PM
Gotten all the HP AA out of the way, and debating which to drop points into first.

Have PE and both 1st levels of CA/CS, and didn't notice much a difference.

I've heard CS is a wiser choice to start out with. Anyone hear similar ? I'll be getting both in time, but sometimes EXP cram time is short, so would like to get the big bang for the buck so to speak.

Thanks.

weoden
05-18-2003, 06:51 PM
well my opinion is that if your getting hit for min all the time then go with ca. If your getting hit for max a lot then go cs.

I personally prefer cs because that one extra damage shield hit adds a bit more dps.

Chubz Drago
05-18-2003, 08:19 PM
That's hilarious...

Get hit and add maybe 50 dmg total from DS (50 dmg if you got good stuff on)

or

Don't Get Hit

CA > CS

Cerebros
05-18-2003, 08:41 PM
In PoP avoiding a hit of 300-600 on your average XP mob is much much greater then a chance of mitigating 10% to me :)

Grendonbb
05-18-2003, 10:29 PM
Actually they parse out to nearly exactly the same damage reduced... however, CA has the distinct advantage of letting you avoid procs, and in some zones (like BoT where most mobs proc 500dd, and some even proc for up to 1500 damage), that can make a huge difference. Aside from that, they are virtually equal.

Bloodheart
05-18-2003, 10:49 PM
Heh, was afraid of that. Thanks Gren.

Sarelin
05-19-2003, 01:56 AM
This is the question I asked in the AA thread up at the top of the board. I've come around to CA>CS now too.

However you cannot avoid procs. It's common knowledge that procs occurr on misses as well as hits. Best reason I saw given is avoiding being stunned by bashes.

Killed one of the BoT names last night and got procced for 1k 4 times in a row (and it killed me) even though I avoided every one of those blows.

EmiliaEQ
05-19-2003, 02:13 AM
CA = CS But ....

CA Might help you avoid a hit that will put you into low HP.
CS Wont.

For this very simple reason CA + LR are more appealing at first.

EmiliaEQ
05-19-2003, 02:15 AM
Sarelin if you please have that part of the parse.
Would help us a LOT having some really shoking proof.

Miss
blabla Proc 1000
Miss
blabla Proc 1000
Miss
blabla Proc 1000
Miss
blabla Proc 1000

Those 10-15 lines of fight are PRICELESS.

Raaj
05-19-2003, 02:16 AM
I thought it was accepted that npc's can proc on a miss if the proc is their weapon...if it's an innate proc, then they cannot proc on a miss.

Gnomb
05-19-2003, 02:53 AM
Agree, Raaj.
Proc works without actually hitting (both ways, your weapons proc without you hitting npc).
Only thing you can avoid is rampage.

Haass
05-19-2003, 03:12 AM
We cover this every few months, it's black and white by now. If a mob is wielding a weapon, then yes, that weapon's effect can occur on a miss. If it's not, then no, you will not get hit by innate effects (lifetaps, poison, etc).

You can go taunt a darkweed snake in EC, unequip your weapons and let it beat on you for as long as you want....you'll never get the poison spell cast on you on a miss. Same logic applies to every other proc that mobs have that's not attached to the weapon they are wielding.

Hussar
05-19-2003, 03:44 AM
Haass is exactly correct. So CA does give the benefit of a chance of getting hit less by innate procs. Overall, they are both close, but I myself chose the CA / LR path first.