View Full Version : Master Yael
04-21-2003, 11:49 PM
Never fought this guy....so have a few questions.
1) How often does he DT during the fight? Planning on taking one group of well geared 65s down to kill him. If he DTs every 20 seconds and fight last 3 minutes..that could be a problem and I'll need to plan to take some DT gimps with me.
2) How many hps does this guy have? with my one group...can we take him down quick or is he one of the those annoying high hp types. Is he more or less a DT'ing PoV, BoT mob?
3) Whats best way to get down to him? Clearing to him seems like it would take a long time. I know the way down...but is there another easier way to cut down on time? Heard rumors of jumping in hole and soon as u zone over u /q and u log back on safe on the ground. Any truth to this?
4) Last question....How hard is it to split him from the scalekeeper. I know scalekeeper usually stays in very corner of room and Yael is on his mound. Can i arrow pull him w/o aggro'ing Scalekeeper?
Thanks in advance for any info!
04-22-2003, 12:13 AM
1) DT is every 30 seconds. You will need more than 1 group. 2 groups should do it, 3 groups is golden. Bring some cannon fodder to soak up at least the first DT on pull. He will probably be half health when the 2nd DT goes off if you bring 2 groups.
2) 32k hps like all old world mobs, not many at all
3) Clearing is the only way. Even if there is some sort of trick to jump down the hole, Yael will DT you when you log back on. with 2 or 3 groups of upper 60's, clearing is a joke and much easier than trying to get around it.
4) Depending on scalekeeper's position, you should be able to pull yael away from the scalekeeper. We killed Yael the other day and the scalekeeper was between us and Yael, so we had to kill him. Just buff your MR up over 250 and you should resist most the lifetaps. i had just under 250 and resisted some and the ones i didn't partially landed. He has low hp's too, so not that tough.
04-22-2003, 01:48 PM
From one of our numerous killings (we have like 10 SotE in guild)
[Mon Jan 27 08:47:12 2003] Master Yael shouts 'Warrior!'
[Mon Jan 27 08:47:58 2003] Master Yael shouts 'Wizard!'
[Mon Jan 27 08:48:44 2003] Master Yael shouts 'Monk!'
DT is 46 seconds exactly. We usually bring 10-12, bring as many dmg classes as you can. And strangely, you don't even really need a healer (although you'll need one on the way down), cause by the time the MT dies, after 46 seconds, they are not very low on health. I have cleric'd it a half dozen times and a heal was not needed once.
This is what we did it with last time:
[Mon Jan 27 08:33:41 2003] Players on EverQuest:
[Mon Jan 27 08:33:41 2003] ---------------------------
[Mon Jan 27 08:33:41 2003] [60 High Priest] Cleric (High Elf) <House of Aegis>
[Mon Jan 27 08:33:41 2003] [59 Luminary] Shaman (Unknown) <House of Aegis>
[Mon Jan 27 08:33:41 2003] [60 Warlord] Warrior (Barbarian) <House of Aegis>
[Mon Jan 27 08:33:41 2003] [58 Evoker] Wizard (Dark Elf) <House of Aegis>
[Mon Jan 27 08:33:41 2003] [60 Sorcerer] Wizard (High Elf) <House of Aegis>
[Mon Jan 27 08:33:41 2003] [61 Hierophant] Druid (Wood Elf) <House of Aegis>
[Mon Jan 27 08:33:41 2003] [60 Grandmaster] Monk (Iksar) <House of Aegis>
[Mon Jan 27 08:33:41 2003] [60 Warder] Ranger (Wood Elf) <House of Aegis>
[Mon Jan 27 08:33:41 2003] [60 Grandmaster] Monk (Human) <House of Aegis>
[Mon Jan 27 08:33:41 2003] [60 Virtuoso] Bard (Half Elf) <House of Aegis>
[Mon Jan 27 08:33:41 2003] [62 High Priest] Me! (Dark Elf) <House of Aegis>
[Mon Jan 27 08:33:41 2003] There are 11 players in The Hole.
One cleric stayed a bit back in case things went wrong, which they never have but it helps to be prepared. As you can see we got 3 DTs this time, it is usually 2... the MT and a wizard.
2) hp? maybe 32k?
3) What above said, clear... any minimum Yael kill team can do it in short order.
4) Scalekeeper has never been an issue, he is usually in his corner (near mound) and doesnt add, or just not there at all.
Clearing is the only way. Even if there is some sort of trick to jump down the hole, Yael will DT you when you log back on. with 2 or 3 groups of upper 60's, clearing is a joke and much easier than trying to get around it.
You can also take 2 groups, with 2 bards and use DA song to jump. Make sure you have people duck/move once they zone or you'll get stuck and when DA song leaves they 20k. You land and kill yael, then port out.
04-22-2003, 02:44 PM
Yael is a wuss, did him a few days ago, I don't think I got a heal even. Or maybe I did, my hits window was spammed with "Yael misses", all I really saw. He was dead before his second DT could fire off (pull-DT doesn't count), to about 3 groups, ranging from lv54 to 62.
Scalekeeper is no issue, he tends to be in the far back corner and didn't aggro (we pulled Yael into the tunnel). We kicked his ass afterwards, but thats another topic.
Clear out the roaming fiend (let him path into tunnel) and static golem, if ya try to pull the next closest elemental, Yael will DT.
I never tried the DA jump, as I thought Yael would DT anyways once you're down. Besides, for some reason I like the fight down the Hole. Altho if Raaj mentions it, it probably somehow works without a too big hassle.
As final note, the pathing "upgrades" made the hole quite, uh, fun. I've never had such train issues like on that run. I don't know if the chanters loved or hated it, but it was out of the usual.
It starts getting fun within the "city", near the waterfall dropdown. It seemed like chain aggro, of the entire place if your pull is moved through, fought or pushed to a certain position.
Bring 'em further back and it seemed to be fine.
Improved pathing. Working as intended. Yes indeed. /snicker
04-23-2003, 07:08 AM
question....does he always drop the ore?
04-24-2003, 07:50 AM
Curious... do you have any parsed data regarding your resisting the life tap?
04-27-2003, 11:10 AM
1 group is plenty, as long as you got a click stick to rez peeps back in. i got my ore a couple months ago using 2 war, monk, cle, and necro so we didnt have the best DPS on our side. you can keep going almost indefinately as long as the cleric doesnt get agro for the DT.
04-27-2003, 11:24 AM
Yael is doable with a group or less depending on your level/gear.
A little while back they made a little change that effected DT, Yael's DT is very easy to inturpt if your smart about it.
04-29-2003, 11:22 AM
interupt like a spell?
Thought it was just an ability? Or do you charm/mez him (if thats possible) every 30 seconds to reset it?
Yael's DT is Cazic Touch, i.e. it has a very short cast time which can be interrupted.
04-29-2003, 02:15 PM
probably stunable with new paladin AAs and 1 group of 65 will own him as long scalekeepr dont add
05-01-2003, 07:51 PM
Yael is cake, last time we took him down we brought me, a cleric with rez stick a druid (the guy in for the sote ) and a monk and another war. He died before his second dt got of (not counting the engage dt) We just cleared down, rushed in (the druid ran first and took the dt) and killed him at his spawn point, only got 1 add who wasnt a real threat.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.