PDA

View Full Version : Offhand weapon dmg/delay ratios?

Rothander
04-19-2003, 12:36 AM
Does the offhand ratio even matter that much?

Should you have the highest damage weapon you can find there?

I feel like a real noob about this , as i am lvl 65 but have always been under the assumption you wwant your delays to be near if not exaclty the same for a more successful dual wield opportunity.

Grocolo
04-19-2003, 12:52 AM
Yes offhand ratio matters. From what I understand when the delay on an offhand weapon recycles a check for dual wield is made, if that check is succesful your offhand gets a swing, then a check for double attack is made if that check is succesful your offhand swings again. If the dual wield check fails you get zero swings and you have to wait for the delay to recycle again. You should basically look for the same things for your offhand as you do for your mainhand; Agro procs, good ratios, HP, sta, whatever.

Offhand makes dual wield and double attack checks independant from mainhand.

Dobbo Baggins
04-19-2003, 09:12 AM
there was a test way way way back in the day with a lammy in secondary and shimmering partisan in primary. the lammy even swang when the shimmering partisan didn't. but yes get something with a good ratio. like jarsath trident i picked up for 40pp!!

Liringlas
04-19-2003, 02:27 PM
put a wurmslayer in main and a lammy in off and you can watch the offhand swinging independantly. the reason ratio is so important over speed in offhand is because there is no damage bounous, so you want it to the best weapon it can be for the most dps/taunt/whatever.

Mokor
04-20-2003, 09:07 PM
best ratio for off hand. fastest main past 57 at 57 my combo gave same dps at 58 the fasst in main added about 7-10 dps

Scaleclad
04-21-2003, 11:42 AM
The theory I have lived by, and have done pretty decent by, has been speed in primary to take advantage of damage bonus (unless I have something with a ferocious proc that I want to swing alot) and in off hand I have gone with ratio. This is so when DW does roll I get a decent hit. Normally this has meant 17-22 delay primary, and up to 26 in my off hand....yeah not a big difference, but its worked well so far. Once you leave the realm of DPS hate and hit the proc hate, it starts to be a question of swings for proc chances not for damage.

Varatho
04-21-2003, 11:49 AM
The shortest test is put a GLS mainhand and whatever weapon you want off :p

Oh and remember, just because something is faster does not mean it does more damage in primary. Ratio still plays a large part in DPS.